Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Systematic Approach to Group Survival.

Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26550

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
Introduction:

Hello Folks! I have been a Prepper for five years.
I have been the planner for a MAGS (Survival Group) in NW Florida that is now complete. We have 40+ members, but can support 60. It is on a secluded 30 acre farm and is all complete, both in planning and physical.

We took a systems approach from the beginning, building for a large group from the outset.
We have organizational plans and operating manuals for all phases of our retreat.

We divided ourselves into these six Focus Groups:
Health, Nourishment, Morale, Planning, Physical and Security.

Each focus group is then divided into Teams. A member can be on all the teams he wishes,
scattered among the Focus Groups.

Our retreat website: http://costa4669.wixsite.com/paradisefarm

If anyone needs help in designing a group feel free to ask for all of our files. I would be glad to help you.
Last Edit: 3 months ago by JimCosta.

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26552

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
Purpose Here at this Topic:

I will share our work product so that you can alter it for your own purpose. It is a lot easier to change a plan than to write one from scratch. I see my job here as to simplify your life as much as possible all while insuring you of success.

I will post step by step what we did, in a nutshell format like Cliff Notes. If you are in a hurry, request the files on a flash drive that we can swap out - there are a lot of files!

Feel free to converse additions, questions or changes in the sister Topic: Systematic Approach To Groups - Conversations on this forum or through private email. Mailto: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26553

JimCosta,

Thanks for sharing. I would be interested in the files.

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26554

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
Start Here:

If you are a beginner or a pro, you will need this file right away. It is a 22 page document that gives the reader only what he does not know, concise and in a nutshell format.

I suggest you print it for an emergency.

I suggest you send it to all of your relatives that might later decide to prep. It will ease your conscious for leaving them behind.

Prepping In A Nutshell: http://src-fla.us/index.php/preparations

If you don't think a group approach is right for you, be sure to read this short article Nutshell - Prepping Fast & Cheap

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26555

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
My News Blog

Specializes in only the Collapse and Reset.
* Free
Cuts out a lot of searching for those of you with jobs and little time.
Gives analysis so you can decide things for yourself.

http://ResetUs.us

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26556

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
This is where we are going to go.

Download the Organizational Chart here: Leadership Chart

The teams under each Focus Group perform duties that must be done, no matter if you are 10 strong or 100 strong. Note: One member can be on several scattered teams.

Most of the teams have Policies, Procedures, Plans, Inventory needs, etc. in place. This is what I will share with you.

Also note that the chart shares OUR particular leadership method.
It is a revolving leadership that may change every month. We will be in a most stressful situation, therefore, if a leader falters, it is fixable. Instead of a mutiny and shooting the SOB, just wait two weeks and replace him, as all leaders are up for re-election the first meeting of any type each month.

What we have discovered is that there will be very little for the Council to meet about as all rules, plans etc. have already been put in place. The Council will just have to adjust things as they see fit.

While we are on the subject of meetings, MOST of our meetings have no more than six participants engaged and voting. However, all meetings are open to the general membership. By doing it this way, more work is accomplished, all members can express themselves and not get lost in a crowd, and consensus is easy to reach. I highly recommend this meeting method.
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by JimCosta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thaddeus

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26557

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
Having a Complete Plan in Just A Few Days.

In my early twenties I was tricked into becoming a Scout Master. I read the hand book and knew that the 15 year old boy leaders were to complete an annual plan for their troop. The first planning day I left them for two hours with the big blank calender and soft drinks. When I returned it was half filled out and I was told of the "best farting contest ever!" The same thing happened the second year.

The third year I cheated! I filled out the plan 75% complete. However, being the stupid person I am, I made a lot of mistakes, such as swimming in December, Winter camping in June and grilling Brussel Sprouts on Saturday night. This time I returned to see a 100 percent great Annual Plan. What I learned is that for most people it is a whole lot easier to copy and alter than to create from scratch as it is now not so overwhelming.

That is what I suggest here. Select ONE person to cause it to happen, however he deems fit. It then is a plan that the group can mull over and change as the plan is being enacted. But you now have a group vision and starting plan! I am reminded of a plaque I once saw that said, "And God so loved the world that he sent his only begotton son, instead of a committee."

Who Should Plan It?

Every group has a "John Wayne" type person in it. He/she is the one the others lovingly refer to as an
"Asshole". That person has a square face and chin; a square torso from the rear, square butt, short stubby square hands and fingers. They walk like a storm trooper and are serious all the time. One of the characteristics about them is they make decisions in three seconds and 99 percent of the time they are right.

There are four basic personalities. If you assign the task to anyone from the other three it will either take forever or the planning will never occur.

I put on a one hour YouTube seminar teaching this skill of recognizing when to follow others and when to lead them. We require all of our members to watch this before joining. This is because we get our feelings hurt when others do not act like us and this creates group problems. With the training most of this problem will go away, even in a new group of total strangers. If we activate the retreat we won't have time for personality problems and mistakes. You will know how to best utilize all of your members, so take the time to watch it. Then go get your Choloric to complete the Plan.

Watch 1 Hour Seminar: Spotting Personalities

P. S. I can print and bind the basic plan for just the cost of the ink and paper (about $30) to go with the Microsoft Word files.
Last Edit: 4 months, 4 weeks ago by JimCosta.

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26562

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
Organizing Documents.

Don't skip this step even though there are only seven of you. You may merge with a neighbor and now there are twenty of you, all mad because of the confusion and poor planning you did and all stressed and holding guns!

These documents will be the plan all agreed to upon entry and can be used to reboot your system calmly when needed. Besides, they are free.

See ByLaws: Paradise Farm Bylaws
Change them to fit your group. Let me know if you need help.

See Proposal Method: Proposals
This will force critical thinking and quickly lead to consensus.

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26563

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
Focus Groups

By using Focus Groups you can get many people to begin work on their team inventory even though you are still looking for your primary and secondary retreat locations.

Once members learn what teams they have joined they will know what special tools and equipment to bring to be successful. This way all members do not have to bring a chainsaw as lone Preppers would do.

They can meet separately to prepare.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Systematic Approach to Group Survival. 5 months ago #26564

• JimCosta
  • Senior Boarder
HEALTH Focus Group

We originally called this group MEDICAL until we realized they will not be scheduling surgery twice a week, but instead should focus on keeping us all healthy.

We probably went overboard in that we can establish a small clinic, inventoried lots of antibiotics, and ended up eventually with 1 pharmacist, 2 retired Navy RNs, 2 EMTs and several First Responders. But we did not start out that way, we just had First Responders.

Health is broken out into the following work teams:

Safety
Hygiene ... See Docs: Hygiene Seminar; No Toilet Paper
Infirmary
Health ... See: Signs Of Starvation
Sewage ... See: Sewage Plan
Garbage ... See: Garbage Plan
Laundry ... See: Laundry Plan; Soap Making
Toilet Monitor ... Monitor for dehydration and constipation.
Midwife ... See: Midwife Plan
Training ... For all things health wise.

Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Moderators: Martin S.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds